A dairy and gluten free delight:
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 270ml light coconut milk
- 300g (net weight) pumpkin, peeled & diced
- A Tbsp water
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Maple syrup
- A handful of pecan
- In a bowl, combine chia seeds and coconut milk and stir until well mix. Allow the mixture to rest in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- In the meantime, place the diced pumpkin in a microwave proof container with a lid (I used a Pyrex Casserole dish) with a tablespoon of water. Cook the pumpkin in the microwave for 10 minutes (or more) in the Hi setting until the pumpkin is softened.
- Add ground cinnamon and nutmeg to the pumpkin and mash it with a fork. You may need to add a little water if the mixture appears to be dry. Set aside for the pumpkin to cool before refrigerate it .
- Roughly divide the pumpkin mash and chia seeds pudding into 4 portions respectively. In two glasses, spoon the chia seeds pudding and pumpkin in alternate layers and top with pecan pieces. Drizzle with maple syrup if you like.
Borrowed from Fuss Free Cooking